Update as of September 1, 2017
Industrial Energy Efficiency
The Industrial Energy Efficiency (IEE) working group has now met eight times this year. Major progress has been made on the following items:
- Announced our final program & speakers and launched our promotional campaign for The Business Case for Industrial Energy Efficiency Conference on September 21st. This conference is geared for owners, executives, key decision makers of small-mid size manufacturers, utility account managers, industrial energy efficiency consultants, and trade allies.
- In the process of finalizing dates for two more “Selling Energy Efficiency” Sales Training Seminars. The seminars will be hosted by We Energies and Xcel Energy in October and November and participation will be by invitation only. The training program was developed by Franklin Energy, in conjunction with the IEE working group and M-WERC. It covers both basic and technical selling, process tactics and skill development. We intend to schedule another public session in early 2018
- The working group is exploring the possibility of expanding its membership to include M-WERC Member allies that provide select IEE services and equipment that are deemed as impactful by our group. Stay tuned for more information regarding our new IEE WG “allies” in the next update.
The next IEE working group call will take place on September 14th, from 1:00 to 2:00pm CDT,
To learn more about joining this working group, contact John Bobrowich.
Update as of May 1, 2017
IEE WG Launches Impactful 2017 Programming
The 1st Q of 2017 was very productive for the IEE WG. The organization dramatically increased its outreach by launching both its new, proprietary, sales training course, “Selling Energy Efficiency” and its new IEE WG Website. Both of these activities were designed to expand the tool set available to both suppliers and customers in the IEE space in a targeted effort to increase the number of projects funded and implemented. The IEE WG’s mission is to double the number of IEE projects in the next 5 years.
During March and April, the IEE WG ran both a final beta test and launch session of “Selling Energy Efficiency”. The new one day workshop was developed by Franklin Energy and the IEE WG, is designed to improve the sales productivity by providing a much deeper insight into high impact sales processes, the needs of the four major buying influences (Economic, User, Technical and Commercial) and the multiple, stacked, value streams (direct, indirect and ego) they evaluate. The opportunity to apply the new tools and insight in the workshop to participant’s real life sales challenges relevant to real EE opportunities made the program very valuable to participant’s. The workshop was led by the IEE WG Co-Leader Steve Hiersche, who has nearly 20 years of SEE applied experience. Feedback from participants was extremely positive with members requesting additional sessions of the new Workshop. The IEE WG is now exploring up to three workshops in Milwaukee, Madison, Eau Claire and potentially one in Rockford, IL. The course is ideal for Utilities, Consultants, Trade Allies and small to medium IEE customers. The Workshop development and training was funded by both WMEP and M-WERC.
The new IEE WG website (www.mwerc-iee-wg.org) was designed to be a one stop portal for both small to medium sized manufacturers and to our IEE WG members. The site offers a single platform which brings together multiple tools, reports and activites from IEE WG members and partners. The platform is designed to make it fast, convenient and easy for small to medium industrials to explore IEE options, applications and case studies and to connect with our IEE WG community. The new website was developed and maintained by IEE WG member, Chet Kolodziej. As the oldest M-WERC working group, the new IEE WG portal is M-WERC’s first WG website and will be a great learning tool for both our customers and our members. The website also acts as a one-stop member’s portal for IEE WG members enabling simple access to the IEE WG’s member monthly meeting notes, planning documents, meeting schedule and other tools. This platform will make like easier and more productive for both our users and members.
Finally, IEE WG is now planning its first Symposium entitled the “Business Case for Energy Resource Efficiency” The full day event will be held on September 21 at M-WERC. This conference, geared for owners, executives and key decision makers of small-mid size manufacturers will cover case studies and propositions on case studies, leveraging external resources, and smart investments. The case studies will be presented by several Wisconsin small to med-size manufacturers who have made attractive investments in IEE. Presentations will also be made by utilities and a number of leading WI IEE WG member organizations. Mark your calendars today. Registration will open on June 15.
Updates as of January 26, 2017
Industrial Energy Efficiency
The Industrial Energy Efficiency (IEE) Working Group has been very active recently, meeting monthly during this period. New representatives from Xcel Energy and WMEP joined the group. Significant progress was made on group action items, including:
- Planning an Industrial Energy Efficiency Conference targeting small to medium sized business owners. The conference, “Building the Business Case for Energy and Resource Efficiency”, will be held on September 21, 2017.
- Planning an Industrial Energy Efficiency Sales Training Seminar targeting both potential customers and vendors. The training program, called “Selling Energy Efficiency” will be developed by Franklin Energy in conjunction with the IEE WG and M-WERC and the first seminar will be offered to M-WERC members on April 19, 2017.
- Developing a collaborative business model partnership between select members of the IEE WG. The partnership between Franklin Energy, We Energies, and WMEP has now been approved and is being launched.
Staff facilitator: John Bobrowich
Meeting time: Third Thursday of odd numbered months
Updates as of November 22, 2016
The Industrial Energy Efficiency (IEE) Working Group has been very active recently, meeting monthly during this period.
New representatives from Xcel Energy and WMEP joined the group. Significant progress was made on group action items, including:
- Planning an Industrial Energy Efficiency Conference targeting small to medium sized business owners. The conference, “Building the Business Case for Energy and Resource Efficiency”, will be held in mid 2017.
- Planning an Industrial Energy Efficiency Sales Training Seminar targeting both potential customers and vendors. The training program, called “Selling Energy Efficiency” has been developed by Franklin Energy in conjunction with the IEE-WG and M-WERC and will be offered in 2017.
- Developing a collaborative business model partnership between select members of the IEE WG. The partnership between Franklin Energy, WE Energies, and WMEP is currently in the final stage of development and running a pilot test.
- The IEE WG will be expanding during 2017, particularly by adding additional Utility and IEE Contractor members.
To learn more about joining the IEE WG, contact
John Bobrowich at M-WERC.